TPIIC services include:
- Offering onsite content and instructional coaching support that reinforces collaboration, collective problem-solving, communication, and confidentiality
- Providing virtual coaching support on topics of interest, e.g., study group goal setting and facilitation
- Building leadership teams
- Developing instructional mentors (aka coach’s coach)
- Coaching and mentoring in a virtual environment
Targeted instructional coaching:
- Working one-on-one and in small groups, virtual and F2F, to support teachers and other school leaders.
- Focusing on collecting, analyzing, and using data to assess needs.
- Using evidence-based literacy practices across all content areas.
- Supporting reflective and non-evaluative practice.
- Building skills:
- Developing facilitation vs. presentation skills.
- Implementing effective components of professional learning.
- Establishing trusting relationships.
- Using formative and summative assessments.
- Facilitating collective problem-solving discussions and collaborative conversations.
“Ask the Coach”
- “E-support”: virtual support and interactive web/video conferencing to provide support to coaches and mentors
- Webinars addressing instructional coaching skills and capacity building
- Hands-on sessions to educate, guide, prepare, and support district and/or school-based instructional coaches, mentors, and school leadership teams.
Focused support to local and regional educational service centers
- Designing a systems approach to school-wide/district-wide improvement
- Creating job descriptions and competency measures for instructional coaches